As python being the emerging programming language in today's technological world, it is always a question for a beginner on how to become a python developer? So, in this article, we will give you a ROADMAP to become a python programmer or developer in 6 Weeks. We will also learn about different levels for being a python developer and if it is enough to get the job.
What is a Python Developer?
Python programming language is an interpreted, high level, and object-oriented programming language. Python is a very simple language in comparison to other programming languages and has a very easy syntax which reduces the cost of program maintenance. Python also supports modules and packages which helps the code to reuse. Due to all these advantages of the python language, students always prefer to be python developers. Python is in the top 5 list of the most popular programming languages for the last few years. So now the question arises that who is a python developer? A python web developer is the one writing the server-side web application logic. Python developers develop the back-end side, connect the application with third-party web services, and help front-end developers by integrating python applications.
ROADMAP: Become a Python Developer in 6 Weeks
Learning new technology can be tough if you don’t know how to learn, what to learn i.e which concepts to concentrate on so it is always good to follow a roadmap. If you are searching for how long does it take to learn Python? The answer is 8 weeks. But our roadmap is made for 6 weeks so that you have 2 weeks more for revision and interview preparation. The roadmap is the steps that create a timetable for learning new technology from basics to advance and become professional. So, let’s begin to look forward to a roadmap for how to become a python developer in 6 weeks.
Level 0: New Programmers (1 Week)
If you are completely new to the coding world, you might wonder what makes a person programmer. What topics and theories should we learn while beginning and then move forward? So, in the first week of starting programming, you should come in touch with some of the following topics and knowledge.
- There is not a single day in the life of a programmer that the text editor is not used. It is a very essential tool to learn even for any person working with a computer. So the first task to start with programming should be learning text editors.
- The modern IDE is the most important tool for any programmer. For any python developers, the jupyter notebook is getting most popular nowadays.
- A developer without knowledge of a database is not possible. Before starting to create a website and app you should know what a is database and how it works, what are the syntax and how to connect it with the website and apps we create.
- Excel is one of the best tools to work with for programmers, project managers, and software developers. It helps with many useful features and functions in data science.
- Every new programmer should be familiar with basic concepts of networking to develop and support their applications as clients and users will access your website from any corner of the world.
So keeping all the above points in mind, your first week to start with programming should be learning text editors, IDEs, Databases, Excel and spreadsheets, and the basics of computer networks. There are also some frameworks to use python in web development like Django or Flask. But they are not necessary to learn if your specific goal is not to become a web developer.
Level 1: Basic Python (2 Weeks)
After completing the first week with all the prerequisites required to become a python developer, we will then move towards learning basic python programming. The important topics that should be covered while learning basic python are as discussed below:
- Data Types: Python language has a large variety of data types which holds a different type of variables. Python assigns a set of memory bytes to each data type and for each data type-specific set of operations are allowed.
- Typecasting: In python language, we can convert one data type into another using the typecasting approach. Different functions can be used to convert strings into integers, float, or numeric values into string types.
- Operators: Operators are the special symbols that help the compiler to perform some specific mathematical or logical operations.
- Data Structure: Data structure is a concept which helps in writing efficient programs in any program. Python is a high-level programming language having fundamentals of data structure more simply in comparison to other programming language.
- Conditional statement: There comes a point in programming where some specific statement is to be executed if certain conditions are true. The conditional statement helps to perform such kind of task. There are many conditional statements like if, nested if, if...Else, if-elif, etc.
- Loops: Loops are the conditional statement that is executed as long as the conditional statement returns true. There 3 types of loops in a python programming language which are while loop, for loop, and nested loop.
- Functions: The functions can be defined as a group of statements in a program that perform a specific task. It is the reusable code used to perform a single related task. Using function reduces the error in code as it is possible to test individual function at a time and also it helps in reducing the size of code as instead of writing the same code again and again in a program, we can create a function and call the same function to perform some kind of task.
Level 2: Important Topics (2 Weeks)
After studying the basic python for 2 weeks now we will move forward to learn the intermediate topics for the same. Some of the intermediate topics for python language is as given below:
- Classes: Classes are the focal point of OOP. The class helps to describe the object in sense of its description but it separates the object itself.
- Objects: Object in OOP is a data type created by the developer itself. It contains multiple properties, methods, and even other objects.
- Lambda: The function which is not defined using the standard format of function defining i.e using def keyword is called lambda function.
- Inheritance: Inheritance is the process of sharing the functionality between Classes. So, in short, inheritance helps to define a class based on another class.
- Reflection: Reflection is the ability for a code to be able to examine attributes about objects that may be passed as parameters to a function.
It will take almost 2 weeks to learn all the above topics along with preparing yourself for building some hands-on projects for learning applications.
Level 3: Practice Coding (1 Week)
Now when you are done with learning python as a programming language, at last, you have to practice coding in it and climb the last step to become a python developer. Below are some tips to follow in the last stage of becoming a Python developer:
- Code every day: After learning new technology, it is very important to be consistent in practicing it. It is always recommended to code every day as it helps in increasing your skills and getting a good command of language. Here are some python projects for beginners you can make to practice your python skills.
- Going Interactive: Even when you are learning basic python or building an application for the same, the interactive python shell will be one of the best tools to work with.
- Take Breaks: While learning it is always important to absorb and understand what you have learned. The research has said that taking breaks while study session helps you to work and learn effectively. Otherwise, you might face programming burnout.
- Solving Bug: When you jump into creating complex programs then it is sure that you will come in contact with the bugs in them. But instead of getting frustrated, it is wise to take a moment of understanding and solve it as a part of the programming process.
- Contribute to open source: In the open-source model, software source code is available publicly and everyone can collaborate with it. So, it is very effective and recommended advice to work with an open-source project and contribute your knowledge as much as possible.
How much python is enough to get a job?
After a certain level of learning a technology, a question always arises that how much python is good to get a job? Well, the answer to the above question depends on how much you have worked with it to date. For example, if you have grabbed good command of the language and build many projects to improve your skills, it is enough to get a fresher job as a python developer. But if you have just learned the topics and do not know how to apply them, it is recommended to learn more and get a good command of your core.
But to become a python programmer being fresher, it is always advisable to learn the intermediate topic and use them to build your projects to show them to the recruiter and also to learn and understand some of the advanced topics and frameworks used to develop using python language. The frameworks which are very important to learn for becoming a python developer are Django and Flask and you must understand their usage and application after finishing the intermediate topics of learning python.
So, in this article, we studied what a python developer is and the roadmap to be a python programmer in 6 weeks. Also, we mentioned important topics to cover, along with python skills on how to become a python developer for getting a job.